How To Deal with Radius Global Solutions
When an agency like Radius Global Solutions purchases a debt, you owe the purchasing agency money instead of the original creditor. The original creditor will notify you regarding the sale of your debt, and the agency should also contact you to explain the situation and demand payment.
What Is Radius Global Solutions?
Radius Global Solutions provides debt collection services, business process outsourcing, and contact center services. They perform debt collection for various sectors, including retail goods, transportation, healthcare, financial services, education, utilities, and hospitality.
Radius Global Solutions has over four thousand employees and fourteen locations. The main office is in Edina, MN, and the corporate headquarters is in Ambler, PA.
The main office address is:
7831 Glenroy Suite 250
Edina, MN 55439
Pennsylvania Headquarters: 267-419-1111
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Radius Global Solutions as an A+ Business. Customer reviews, however, give it 1.16 out of 5 stars. Three hundred eight complaints have been closed in the last three years, and 136 have closed in the past 12 months.
Is Radius Global Solutions Legit?
You may be worried about a Radius Global Solutions scam, but it is a legitimate debt collection agency. If you are being contacted by Radius Global or see them on your radius global solutions on credit report, you need to ascertain if the claim against you is factual and accurate.
If the debt is valid, you have several options on how best to proceed. Radius Global must remove the claim from your credit report if the claim is mistaken.
What Should You Do When Working With Radius Global Solutions?
Radiusglobalsol is required to send you a debt validation letter within five days of notifying you of the claim. The letter must contain the following information:
- Name of the creditor seeking payment
- The amount owed
- A declaration that you have the right to dispute the claim, but if you do not dispute within thirty days, the debt is assumed to be valid
Radio Global Solutions cannot reach out to you again until they prove the debt is yours. If the agency calls you, demand that they communicate in writing. A paper trail is necessary for any disputes.
When you’re working with a debt collection agency, it’s essential to keep in mind that they are a business too. Here are a few tips for negotiating with a global solutions debt collector:
- Stay calm and polite. The debt collector is not your enemy, and there’s no need to get angry or confrontational.
- Know your rights. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) protects from abusive or unfair debt collection practices.
- Be prepared to offer a solution. The debt collector may be more likely to work with you if you provide a solution that works for both parties.
- Don’t ignore the debt collector as it will only make things worse.
- Record any phone calls with a debt collector and inform them you are recording.
The next step is to attempt to negotiate a settlement or payment plan. You want a Radius Global Solutions pay for delete arrangement, meaning the claim disappears from your credit report after finalizing a payment agreement.
If possible, offer to pay a settlement that is a fraction of the total amount. The agency would prefer to get something rather than nothing. If you can’t settle, see if Radius Global sol will accept a payment plan. If so, make sure you receive the agreement in writing.
Other options are available if you cannot negotiate a payment plan with the debt collector. However, it is vital that you do not ignore the claim and hope the issue disappears.
What Happens if You Ignore Radius Global Solutions?
If you decide not to interact with Global Radius Solutions, the first result is damage to your credit score. The claim will appear on your Radius Global Solutions credit report. Additionally, the amount owed may increase through accumulating interest and fees.
The agency may contact people you know, but only to locate you. That you are in debt and a collection attempt is in progress cannot be discussed.
The worst-case scenario is that you get sued. This action is unlikely but possible, so keep it in mind.
What Is Radius Global Solutions Prohibited from Doing?
There are some illegal tactics Radius Global Solutions cannot utilize per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA):
- Harassing phone calls. The agency cannot threaten you or use obscene language..
- Knowingly providing false information. Radius Global cannot claim you owe an incorrect amount. They can’t claim to be a different party, i.e., law enforcement. They cannot state that legal action is pending against you if this is not true.
- Contacting you at an inappropriate time or place. The agency cannot call you before 8 am and after 9 am. The agency cannot contact you at work if they are aware you cannot receive such communications.
- If you are working with an attorney, Radius Global Solutions must contact the attorney and cease all communication with you.
- Contacting you after you request they stop. You must request in writing that the agency no longer communicate with you. They will only be allowed to reach out to state that there will be no further contact or inform you that additional action, such as a lawsuit, is being taken against you.
Will Radius Global Solutions Sue?
Radius Global Solutions does not have a reputation for suing customers. They don’t always own the debt they’re seeking, so they cannot sue when acting as a contingency agency. They can, however, sell the debt back to the original creditor, who CAN sue you.
If they own the debt, the agency will examine their chances of collecting. If the chances are good, they might file a lawsuit. Anything that makes it easier to recover the debt increases the likelihood of you being sued.
Verify that the statute of limitations has not run. The statute of limitations designates the amount of time for filing a lawsuit to collect a debt. If the statute of limitations isn’t an option, you will receive a complaint and summons that the agency filed a lawsuit. If you ignore the summons, the court may enter a default judgment, which means you lose because you failed to appear.
The result, if you cannot pay, could include wage garnishment. Garnishment is when your workplace withholds part of your paycheck to repay a debt. Other extreme remedies for non-payment include placing a lien on your property and seizure of your bank account.
What Are the Options if You Cannot Pay?
You can file for bankruptcy, which will stop a lawsuit against you. Bankruptcy can be helpful to pause or prevent wage garnishment.
Another option is to contact a credit counseling agency like the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). They can help you figure out the best options for regaining control of your finances.
Should You Hire an Attorney to Work with Radius Global Solutions?
If Radius Global Solutions collection agency violates the FDPCA in pursuit of a claim against you, you may wish to seek legal remedies. These remedies include stopping harassment and receiving damages if the agency knowingly provides you with false information. Keep records of all communications with Radius if you decide to talk to a lawyer.
If Radius Global Solutions has contacted you, it is essential to be aware of your rights and what the agency is permitted to do. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which outlines the dos and don’ts of debt collection, regulates collection agencies.
If you need assistance or have any additional questions, contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): 1-855-411-CFPB (2372) and www.consumerfinance.gov. You can also reach the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov and 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357).